By Christophe Letellier,Robert Gilmore
The e-book surveys how chaotic behaviors might be defined with topological instruments and the way this method happened in chaos conception. a few sleek functions are included.
The contents are almost always dedicated to topology, the most box of Robert Gilmore's works in dynamical platforms. They comprise a evaluation at the topological research of chaotic dynamics, works performed some time past in addition to the very newest concerns. lots of the individuals who released throughout the 90's, together with the very recognized scientists Otto Rössler, René Lozi and Joan Birman, have made an important influence on chaos idea, discrete chaos, and knot idea, respectively.
Very few books disguise the topological procedure for investigating nonlinear dynamical structures. the current booklet will offer not just a few ancient — no longer unavoidably well known — contributions (about the different sorts of chaos brought via Rössler and never simply the “Rössler attractor”; Gumowski and Mira's contributions in electronics; Poincaré's history in nonlinear dynamics) but in addition a few fresh functions in laser dynamics, biology, etc.
- Introduction to Topological research (Christophe Letellier & Robert Gilmore)
- Emergence of a Chaos Theory:
- The Peregrinations of Poincaré (R Abraham)
- A Toulouse study workforce within the “Prehistoric” instances of Chaotic Dynamics (Christian Mira)
- Can We belief in Numerical Computations of Chaotic options of Dynamical structures? (René Lozi)
- Chaos Hierarchy — A evaluate, Thirty Years Later (Otto E Rössler & Christophe Letellier)
- Development of the Topology of Chaos:
- The arithmetic of Lorenz Knots (Joan S Birman)
- A Braided View of a Knotty tale (Mario Natiello & Hernán Solari)
- How Topology got here to Chaos (Robert Gilmore)
- Reflections From the Fourth measurement (Marc Lefranc)
- The Symmetry of Chaos (Christophe Letellier)
- Applications of Chaos Theory:
- The form of Ocean colour (Nicholas Tufillaro)
- Low Dimensional Dynamics in organic Motor styles (Gabriel B Mindlin)
- Minimal tender Chaotic Flows (Jean-Marc Malasoma)
- The Chaotic Marriage of Physics and fiscal Economics (Claire Gilmore)
- Introduction of the sector Map with program to Spin-Torque Nano-Oscillators (Keith Gilmore & Robert Gilmore)
- Robert Gilmore, a Portrait (Hernán G Solari)
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers attracted to topological research of nonlinear dynamical structures generating chaotic attractors.
Read Online or Download Topology and Dynamics of Chaos:In Celebration of Robert Gilmore's 70th Birthday (World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science Series A) PDF
Best chaos & systems books
Dynamical platforms and keep an eye on files the key displays of the eleventh foreign Workshop on Dynamics and regulate, offering a beginning for extra learn. Contributed papers make clear actual, organic, and fiscal phenomena via strains of reasoning that originate from this self-discipline.
This booklet represents the easiest of the 1st 3 years of the Society for Chaos conception in Psychology meetings. whereas chaos concept has been an issue of substantial curiosity within the actual and organic sciences, its functions in psychology and similar fields were obscured till lately by way of its complexity.
This publication, the 1st English-language translation of Acoustique des tools de musique, moment Edition, presents the mandatory foundations for realizing the advanced actual phenomena interested in musical instruments. What is the functionality of the labium in a flute? Which positive factors of an software let us make a transparent audible contrast among a clarinet and a trumpet?
During this monograph, the authors current their lately constructed concept of electromagnetic interactions. This neoclassical technique extends the classical electromagnetic idea all the way down to atomic scales and permits the reason of varied non-classical phenomena within the similar framework. whereas the classical Maxwell–Lorentz electromagnetism conception succeeds in describing the actual fact at macroscopic scales, it struggles at atomic scales.
Extra info for Topology and Dynamics of Chaos:In Celebration of Robert Gilmore's 70th Birthday (World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science Series A)
Topology and Dynamics of Chaos:In Celebration of Robert Gilmore's 70th Birthday (World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science Series A) by Christophe Letellier,Robert Gilmore