By Catherine E. Burns,Ardys M. Dunn,Margaret A. Brady,Nancy Barber Starr,Catherine G. Blosser,Dawn Lee Garzon
Covering the entire spectrum of medical conditions obvious within the basic care of kids, Pediatric fundamental Care, 5th Edition emphasizes either prevention and administration from the original standpoint of the Nurse Practitioner. Written through knowledgeable editor/contributor staff, it presents in-depth, evidence-based assistance for assessing and coping with illnesses in childrens from infancy via youth. different key themes contain developmental thought, the healthiness prestige of kids at the present time, problems with day-by-day residing, and cultural considerations.
Four-part association includes an introductory unit, plus devices on baby improvement, the health and wellbeing administration of kids, and illnesses and issues universal to childhood.
UNIQUE! practical wellbeing and fitness styles framework in Unit Three offers a lens for discussing future health promoting in the course of the a number of parts of fit living.
- UNIQUE! ICD framework in Unit Four addresses the category used to code ailments in either health center and outpatient settings.
- UNIQUE! perform administration chapter offers need-to-know info on coping with a personal healthcare perform, together with problems with productiveness, compliance with appropriate legislation, quality-of-care signs, and winning company practices.
- UNIQUE! Environmental health and wellbeing chapter bargains evidence-based content material at the results of environmental toxicants, reminiscent of tobacco smoke, heavy metals, and air pollution.
- An 8-page colour insert presents over forty photographs that visually display key overview findings for ear, epidermis, and different conditions.
- NEW! Pediatric ache Management chapter addresses the elevated reputation of soreness because the "fifth important signal" with elevated assurance of acute and persistent discomfort administration in children.
- Extensively revised and up-to-date genetics chapter offers a brand new paradigm for addressing genetic issues in scientific perform, together with an advent to epigenetics.
- Increased emphasis on overall healthiness disparities explores the becoming overall healthiness disparities between teenagers within the U.S and all over the world and gives concepts to assist sufferers and fogeys achieve accessibility to overall healthiness care assets.
- NEW! content material on imposing a "medical home" explores the craze towards family-centered coordinated overall healthiness care and fosters acceptable therapy for kids with continual disease.
- NEW! up to date insurance takes a extra international approach, exploring the future health prestige of kids open air the U.S.
- Expanded imaging content bargains useful information on utilizing a variety of imaging modalities, together with easy methods to organize the kid for diagnostics.
Read or Download Pediatric Primary Care - E-Book (Burns, Pediatric Primary Care) PDF
Best nursing books
Gerontological Nurse Practitioner examination secrets and techniques is helping you ace the Nurse Practitioner examination, with out weeks and months of never-ending learning. Our accomplished Gerontological Nurse Practitioner examination secrets and techniques examine advisor is written by means of our examination specialists, who painstakingly researched each subject and idea that you must be aware of to ace your try out.
Employers count on new graduates to be well-versed in evidence-based practice—its concept and its implementation. start with a concise advent to evidence-based perform to achieve an entire standpoint of what it really is and why it is so very important. Then draw upon must-have tips and instruments that can assist you instantly follow what you’ve discovered in either lecture room and medical settings.
This hugely informative monograph bargains a accomplished and interdisciplinary reference consultant for the administration and therapy of the total spectrum of painful tears within the anus and anal canal. established upon a scientific evaluate of all suitable papers at the subject considering that 1865, it addresses basic, acute and persistent anal fissures – delivering a brand new definition of the final shape – and secondary anal fissures intimately, relatively their clinical heritage, etiology, symptoms, clinical findings, remedy and its review, and differential prognosis.
Compliment for the 3rd Edition:“The 3rd version of this remarkable source displays the various advances within the care of older people who have happened because the booklet of the second one edition…The titanic bulk of the content material is offered and correct to a global viewers. The indexing and cross-referencing are first-class.
- Acute Cardiac Care: A Practical Guide for Nurses
- Pediatric CNS Exam Secrets Study Guide: CNS Test Review for the Clinical Nurse Specialist in Pediatrics Exam
- Taylor's Handbook of Clinical Nursing Skills
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Diagnosis and Treatment (Current Clinical Oncology)
- Adult-Gerontology CNS Exam Flashcard Study System: CNS Test Practice Questions & Review for the Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist Exam
Additional resources for Pediatric Primary Care - E-Book (Burns, Pediatric Primary Care)
Pediatric Primary Care - E-Book (Burns, Pediatric Primary Care) by Catherine E. Burns,Ardys M. Dunn,Margaret A. Brady,Nancy Barber Starr,Catherine G. Blosser,Dawn Lee Garzon