By Susan Allen Nan,Zachariah Cherian Mampilly,Andrea Bartoli
In a global the place clash is rarely finishing, this considerate compilation fosters a brand new appreciation of the artwork of peacemaking because it is known and practiced in various modern settings.
• Contributions from a world, interdisciplinary staff of forty eight specialists who compile insights from peace and clash answer reports, anthropology, sociology, legislations, cultural experiences, and political science
• First-person narratives detailing the studies of in demand peacemakers
• bargains entry to an ongoing, Internet-based, practice-to-theory undertaking
• an in depth bibliography of assets approximately peacemaking and comparable fields
Read Online or Download Peacemaking: From Practice to Theory (Praeger Security International) PDF
Best war & peace books
An research of the Turkish place concerning the Armenian claims of genocide in the course of international struggle I and the continued debate over this issue, the writer deals an equivalent exam of every side's historic place. The e-book asks "what is genocide? " and illustrates that even supposing it is a beneficial suggestion to explain such evil occasions because the Jewish Holocaust in global battle II and Rwanda within the Nineteen Nineties, the time period has additionally been overused, misused, and accordingly trivialized by means of many alternative teams trying to demonize their antagonists and win sympathetic approbation for them.
After a protracted technique of peace negotiations the excellent Peace contract (CPA) was once signed on nine January 2005 among the govt. of Sudan (GOS) and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A). The CPA raised preliminary hopes that it might be the basis block for lasting peace in Sudan.
This foundational Peace and clash stories textual content is formatted to slot inside of a 14 week college/university time period. The chapters are designed to supply a succinct evaluation of analysis, conception, and perform that may be supplemented with fabric selected by means of the professor. The publication introduces scholars to the middle suggestions of the sphere, and offers an up-to-the-minute replacement to the Peace and clash readers.
This ebook provides a cogent yet finished evaluation of Taiwan’s socio-economic transformation from a eastern colony to a thriving East Asian mini-state. because the 1980’s, Taiwan has essentially been seen as a thriving fiscal version. notwithstanding definitely actual, this evaluate belies the fantastic social and political luck tale for 23 million humans on a small New Hampshire-sized island simply off the China coast.
- The ‘Long 1970s’: Human Rights, East-West Détente and Transnational Relations
- Development in Difficult Sociopolitical Contexts: Fragile, Failed, Pariah (Rethinking International Development series)
- Trust, but Verify: The Politics of Uncertainty and the Transformation of the Cold War Order, 1969-1991 (Cold War International History Project)
- Peacebuilding and NGOs: State-Civil Society Interactions (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
Additional info for Peacemaking: From Practice to Theory (Praeger Security International)
Peacemaking: From Practice to Theory (Praeger Security International) by Susan Allen Nan,Zachariah Cherian Mampilly,Andrea Bartoli