By Sorpong Peou
Demonstrating that not one of the numerous views less than assessment has emerged because the transparent winner within the fight for theoretical hegemony in safeguard experiences, this publication indicates that eclectic views, like democratic realist institutionalism, can larger clarify peace and defense within the Asian Pacific.
• an intensive bibliography covers quite a few theoretical views within the box of foreign relations/security reports and fabrics at the Asian Pacific
• invaluable indexes comprise particular nations, defense matters, and theoretical perspectives
Read or Download Peace and Security in the Asia-Pacific: Theory and Practice (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar war & peace books
An research of the Turkish place concerning the Armenian claims of genocide in the course of international struggle I and the continued debate over this issue, the writer bargains an equivalent exam of every side's old place. The booklet asks "what is genocide? " and illustrates that even if it is a worthwhile proposal to explain such evil occasions because the Jewish Holocaust in international struggle II and Rwanda within the Nineties, the time period has additionally been overused, misused, and as a result trivialized via many various teams looking to demonize their antagonists and win sympathetic approbation for them.
After an extended strategy of peace negotiations the excellent Peace contract (CPA) was once signed on nine January 2005 among the govt of Sudan (GOS) and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A). The CPA raised preliminary hopes that it'd be the basis block for lasting peace in Sudan.
This foundational Peace and clash reviews textual content is formatted to slot inside of a 14 week college/university time period. The chapters are designed to supply a succinct assessment of analysis, idea, and perform that may be supplemented with fabric selected through the professor. The publication introduces scholars to the center strategies of the sector, and offers an up to the moment substitute to the Peace and clash readers.
This e-book provides a cogent yet accomplished assessment of Taiwan’s socio-economic transformation from a eastern colony to a thriving East Asian mini-state. because the 1980’s, Taiwan has essentially been considered as a thriving financial version. notwithstanding definitely precise, this review belies the superb social and political good fortune tale for 23 million humans on a small New Hampshire-sized island simply off the China coast.
- Women Nobel Peace Prize Winners, 2d ed.
- Commercializing Cosmopolitan Security: Safeguarding the Responsibility to Protect
- Arbitration Concerning the South China Sea: Philippines versus China (Contemporary Issues in the South China Sea)
- Violence in Post-Conflict Societies: Remarginalization, Remobilizers and Relationships (Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding)
- These Strange Criminals: An Anthology of Prison Memoirs by Conscientious Objectors from the Great War to the Cold War (Heritage)
Additional resources for Peace and Security in the Asia-Pacific: Theory and Practice (Praeger Security International)
Peace and Security in the Asia-Pacific: Theory and Practice (Praeger Security International) by Sorpong Peou