By David Shoemaker
· What does it suggest to be an agent?
· what's the nature of ethical accountability? Of legal accountability? what's the relation among ethical and legal accountability (if any)?
· what's the relation among accountability and the metaphysical problems with determinism and loose will?
· What do quite a few mental issues let us know approximately supplier and responsibility?
· How do ethical brokers boost? How does this developmental tale endure on questions on the character of ethical judgment and responsibility?
· What do the consequences from neuroscience suggest (if whatever) for our questions about corporation and responsibility?
OSAR hence straddles the parts of ethical philosophy and philosophy of motion, but in addition attracts from a various diversity of cross-disciplinary resources, together with ethical psychology, psychology right (including experimental and developmental), philosophy of psychology, philosophy of legislations, felony concept, metaphysics, neuroscience, neuroethics, political philosophy, and extra. it really is unified through its concentrate on who we're as deliberators and (inter)actors, embodied sensible brokers negotiating (sometimes
unsuccessfully) an international of ethical and felony norms.
Read or Download Oxford Studies in Agency and Responsibility Volume 4 PDF
Similar ethics & morality books
This quantity brings jointly chosen papers commissioned and released via the Cardiff Centre for Ethics, legislation & Society. It contains contributions from a bunch of overseas specialists in addition to a variety of brief opinion items written in accordance with particular moral issues.
This publication argues that the missed rules of José Martí and Ernesto 'Che' Guevara clarify fresh politics in Latin the USA and the Caribbean but additionally, much more considerably, provide a defensible replacement path for worldwide improvement ethics.
Vorwürfe sind ein wichtiger Bestandteil unseres moralischen Alltags und spielen zentrale Rollen in grundlegenden philosophischen Diskussionen wie etwa um die Natur moralischer Verantwortung. In dieser Studie wird untersucht, was once Vorwürfe sind, wer ein angemessenes Ziel von Vorwürfen ist, wer in der richtigen place ist, Vorwürfe zu machen und ob wir aufhören sollten, einander unsere Vergehen vorzuwerfen.
Extra resources for Oxford Studies in Agency and Responsibility Volume 4
Oxford Studies in Agency and Responsibility Volume 4 by David Shoemaker