By I. Ward
Read or Download Law and the Brontës PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
The literary 'middle ground', as soon as brushed off by way of academia as insignificant, is the positioning of robust anxieties approximately cultural authority that proceed to this present day. briefly, the middlebrow issues . those essays study the prejudices and aspirations at paintings within the 'battle of the brows', and convey that cultural price is often relative and situational.
Interpreting a wealthy new iteration of Latin American writers, this assortment bargains new views at the present prestige of Latin American literature within the age of globalization. Authors explored are from the increase and Postboom classes, together with those that mix social preoccupations, like drug trafficking, with aesthetic ones.
The sport of chess was once wildly renowned within the heart a long time, rather a lot in order that it turned an incredible notion paradigm for thinkers and writers who applied its vocabulary and imagery for commentaries on conflict, politics, love, and the social order. during this selection of essays, students examine chess texts from various traditions – English, French, German, Latin, Persian, Spanish, Swedish, and Catalan – and argue that wisdom of chess is key to knowing medieval tradition.
Whereas Kierkegaard is likely to be identified most sensible as a spiritual philosopher and thinker, there's an unmistakable literary aspect in his writings. He usually explains advanced thoughts and concepts through the use of literary figures and motifs that he may perhaps imagine his readers may have a few familiarity with. This measurement of his suggestion has served to make his writings way more renowned than these of alternative philosophers and theologians, yet while it has made their interpretation extra complicated.
- Writing Captivity in the Early Modern Atlantic: Circulations of Knowledge and Authority in the Iberian and English Imperial Worlds (Published by the Omohundro ... and the University of North Carolina Press)
- The Joyce Paradox: Form and Freedom in his Fiction: Volume 6 (Routledge Library Editions: James Joyce)
- Celtic Myth in Contemporary Children’s Fantasy: Idealization, Identity, Ideology (Critical Approaches to Children's Literature)
- The Transatlantic Circulation of Novels Between Europe and Brazil, 1789-1914 (New Directions in Book History)
- Elizabeth von Arnim: Beyond the German Garden
- Victorian Fiction Beyond the Canon (Palgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture)
Additional resources for Law and the Brontës
Law and the Brontës by I. Ward