By Christopher Dillon
- step by step factors of the way to shop for Hong Kong homes—from a high-rise residence in West Kowloon to a village residence on Lantau Island
- vast checklists for purchasing Hong Kong estate, together with pre-owned houses and rancid the plan developments
- heritage at the New Territories: the Heung Yee Kuk, the Small condo coverage, indigenous villages, "ding" rights, and legislation and customs
- exact case stories approximately deciding to buy and renovating a Hong Kong house, a small workplace and a flatted factory
- monetary info, together with loan creditors, Hong Kong financial Authority laws, Hong Kong stamp responsibility and buyer's stamp duty
- motives of Hong Kong estate legislations, together with zoning, govt land rentals, and the jobs of the vendors' company and administration committee
- a bit on renovating Hong Kong estate, together with construction allow requisites, neighborhood quirks, deciding to buy fabrics and hiring specialist help
- Demographic facts that express how an getting older inhabitants in Hong Kong and Mainland chinese language immigration form the valuables market
- historical past on asbestos, expropriation, statutory orders, subsidence, unauthorized construction works and different dangers that have an effect on Hong Kong genuine estate
- crucial information regarding Hong Kong’s historical past, political and felony structures, executive departments and long term improvement plans
- Descriptions of Hong Kong neighborhoods—from laid-back Lamma Island and eco-friendly Pokfulam to specific Kowloon Tong—with ordinary domestic prices
- information regarding how cemeteries, feng shui, fortunate numbers, murders and suicides impact the price of Hong Kong actual estate
- a lot more
Read Online or Download Landed Hong Kong: Key local knowledge you need to buy a Hong Kong home PDF
Best real estate books
Invisible Giants is the Horatio Alger-esque story of a couple of reclusive Cleveland brothers, Oris Paxton and Mantis James Van Sweringen, who rose from poverty to develop into of the main robust males in the United States. They managed the country’s greatest railroad system―a community of tune attaining from the Atlantic to Salt Lake urban and from Ontario to the Gulf of Mexico.
Structure and Capitalism tells a narrative of the connection among the financial system and architectural layout. 11 historians every one speak about in fresh essays the period of time they understand top, taking a look at cultural and financial concerns, which in mild of present fiscal crises you'll find have handled assorted yet unusually widely used fiscal concerns.
Because the booklet of the 1st version of estate funding nearly 15 years in the past, the valuables region has gone through a few major shifts that traders needs to now issue into their funding offerings. during this completely up to date moment version, the authors deal with the problems that experience risen to prominence in recent times together with • the impression of the credits crunch• the starting to be value of sustainability• the expansion of buy-to-let funding • the advent of actual property funding Trusts (REITs).
Sustainable Regeneration of Former army websites is the 1st e-book to research a profound land use switch occurring around the world: the hunt for sustainable futures for estate previously devoted to nationwide safeguard now turning into redundant, disposed of and redeveloped. the recent army necessity for speedy versatile reaction calls for really varied actual assets from the large fastened positions of the chilly warfare, with large tracts of land and constructions searching for new makes use of.
Additional info for Landed Hong Kong: Key local knowledge you need to buy a Hong Kong home
Landed Hong Kong: Key local knowledge you need to buy a Hong Kong home by Christopher Dillon