By Nabil Matar
Read Online or Download In the Lands of the Christians: Arabic Travel Writing in the 17th Century PDF
Best middle eastern history books
We live amidst the fallout of the main debatable clash of our occasions. This e-book is a difficult exam of ways and why it used to be fought and of its carrying on with results. This significant new work contains research of the Iraq conflict from numerous various educational, in addition to army views. Its emphasis is at the hyperlinks among US overseas coverage, US process and the U.S. behavior of battle and it additionally covers Iraqi grand concepts, the results of the battle for transatlantic family members, and encompasses a bankruptcy at the overseas legislation size.
This booklet examines the strategic implications of Iran’s nuclear programme, delivering a listing of the negotiations and a dialogue of attainable strategies to this urgent overseas protection factor. The Islamic Republic of Iran’s nuclear programme has been the reason for essentially the most prolonged overseas crises of the previous decade.
Paul Wittek’s the increase of the Ottoman Empire used to be first released by means of the Royal Asiatic Society in 1938 and has been out of print for greater than 1 / 4 of a century. the current reissue of the textual content additionally brings jointly translations of a few of his different experiences on Ottoman heritage; 8 heavily interconnected writings at the interval from the founding of the kingdom to the autumn of Constantinople and the reign of Mehmed II.
This booklet examines techniques of army, political and cultural transformation from the viewpoint of officials in international locations: Germany and Turkey within the Thirties. The nationwide fates of either international locations interlocked in the course of the Great War years and their shut alliance dictated their joint defeat in 1918.
- The Social History of Achaemenid Phoenicia: Being a Phoenician, Negotiating Empires (BibleWorld)
- Recasting Iranian Modernity: International Relations and Social Change (Iranian Studies)
- The Saddam Tapes: The Inner Workings of a Tyrant's Regime, 1978–2001
- Women, Religion and Culture in Iran (Royal Asiatic Society Books)
- Israel's Public Diplomacy: The Problems of Hasbara, 1966-1975
- Contact and Conflict in Frankish Greece and the Aegean, 1204-1453: Crusade, Religion and Trade between Latins, Greeks and Turks (Crusades - Subsidia)
Extra info for In the Lands of the Christians: Arabic Travel Writing in the 17th Century
In the Lands of the Christians: Arabic Travel Writing in the 17th Century by Nabil Matar