By M. Larabee
Read Online or Download Front Lines of Modernism: Remapping the Great War in British Fiction PDF
Best british & irish contemporary literature books
The literary 'middle ground', as soon as pushed aside by way of academia as insignificant, is the positioning of robust anxieties approximately cultural authority that proceed to at the present time. briefly, the middlebrow issues . those essays study the prejudices and aspirations at paintings within the 'battle of the brows', and convey that cultural worth is often relative and situational.
Analyzing a wealthy new new release of Latin American writers, this assortment deals new views at the present prestige of Latin American literature within the age of globalization. Authors explored are from the growth and Postboom classes, together with those that mix social preoccupations, like drug trafficking, with aesthetic ones.
The sport of chess was once wildly well known within the center a while, a lot in order that it turned an immense notion paradigm for thinkers and writers who applied its vocabulary and imagery for commentaries on struggle, politics, love, and the social order. during this number of essays, students examine chess texts from a number of traditions – English, French, German, Latin, Persian, Spanish, Swedish, and Catalan – and argue that wisdom of chess is key to knowing medieval tradition.
Whereas Kierkegaard might be recognized top as a non secular philosopher and thinker, there's an unmistakable literary point in his writings. He frequently explains advanced techniques and concepts through the use of literary figures and motifs that he may well suppose his readers may have a few familiarity with. This measurement of his notion has served to make his writings way more renowned than these of alternative philosophers and theologians, yet whilst it has made their interpretation extra advanced.
- Conspiracy Theories in the United States and the Middle East: A Comparative Approach (linguae & litterae)
- The Transatlantic Circulation of Novels Between Europe and Brazil, 1789-1914 (New Directions in Book History)
- Book Destruction from the Medieval to the Contemporary (New Directions in Book History)
- Before Einstein: The Fourth Dimension in Fin-de-Siècle Literature and Culture (Anthem Nineteenth-Century Series)
- The Cambridge History of Postmodern Literature
- Edward Upward and Left-Wing Literary Culture in Britain
Additional resources for Front Lines of Modernism: Remapping the Great War in British Fiction
Front Lines of Modernism: Remapping the Great War in British Fiction by M. Larabee