By Yang Shangfeng Et Al,Shangfeng Yang,Chun-Ru Wang
Endohedral fullerenes signify a singular relatives of carbon nanostructures, that are characterised by way of a powerful fullerene cage with atoms, ions, or clusters trapped in its inside. because the first separation of the endohedral metallofullerene La@C82 in 1991, a wide number of endohedral buildings were remoted and their endohedral nature has been proved by way of experimental experiences. in the prior twenty years, the realm of endohedral fullerenes was once considerably enlarged by means of the clusterfullerenes and the recent carbon cages together with non-IPR (IPR=isolated pentagon rule) constructions. because of the cost move from the encaged species to the fullerene cage, endohedral fullerenes carry loads of attention-grabbing houses inaccessible through the empty fullerenes, and hence promise strength functions in biomedicine, molecular electronics and photonics etc.
The publication presents a accomplished evaluate of endohedral fullerenes excited by the recent advances long ago decade, together with its basics (structures), synthesis, isolation, characterization, homes, functionalization in addition to the purposes, therefore representing the main up to date and wide evaluate of this intriguing field.
- The Early Days of Metallofullerene study (Hisanori Shinohara)
- Synthesis and Isolation of Endohedral Fullerenes — A normal assessment (Fupin Liu, Jian Guan, Tao Wei, tune Wang and Shangfeng Yang)
- Crystallographic learn of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Yun-Peng Xie, Shasha Zhao and Xing Lu)
- Metal Nitride Clusterfullerenes — New Advances and demanding situations (Tao Wei, track Wang, Fupin Liu, Jian Guan, Alexey A Popov, Lothar Dunsch and Shangfeng Yang)
- Metal Carbide Clusterfullerenes (Taishan Wang and Chunru Wang)
- The Discovery of Non-IPR Fullerenes (Wei Xu, Chunying Shu and Chunru Wang)
- Metal Oxide Clusterfullerenes (Steven Stevenson)
- Nitrogen Atom-Based Endohedral Fullerenes and capability purposes (B J Farrington and ok Porfyrakis)
- Noble-Gas Fullerenes (R James go, Jr)
- Electrochemical homes of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Luis Echegoyen, Frederic Melin and Manuel N Chaur)
- Chemical Functionalization of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Yutaka Maeda)
- Computational experiences of Endohedral Fullerenes: Bonding, Isomerism, inner Dynamics, Spectroscopy, and Chemical Reactivity (Alexey A Popov)
- Biomedical functions of Trimetallic Nitride Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Jianyuan Zhang, Boris M Kiselev, Youqing Ye and Harry C Dorn)
- Higher LUMO point Endohedral Fullerene and Fullerene Bisadduct Acceptors for Polymer sun Cells (Yongfang Li)
Readership: complex undergraduates and graduate scholars, scientists in Chemistry, Physics, and fabrics technological know-how, researchers and pros within the fields of fullerenes and all-carbon nanomaterials, and most of the people.
Read or Download Endohedral Fullerenes:From Fundamentals to Applications PDF
Best nanostructures books
The 1st normal textbook to supply an entire evaluation of metamaterial idea and its microwave functions Metamaterials with destructive Parameters represents the one unified therapy of metamaterials to be had in a single handy e-book. dedicated regularly to metamaterials that may be characterised by way of a unfavourable powerful permittivity and/or permeability, the publication incorporates a broad review of crucial themes, clinical basics, and technical functions of metamaterials.
This e-book specializes in carbon nanotubes and graphene as representatives of nano-carbon fabrics, and describes the expansion of latest know-how and functions of recent units. As new units and as new fabrics, nano-carbon fabrics are anticipated to be global pioneers that can no longer were discovered with traditional semiconductor fabrics, and as those who expand the bounds of traditional semiconductor functionality.
This publication summarizes the present prestige of theoretical and experimental growth in 2 dimensional graphene-like monolayers and few-layers of transition steel dichalcogenides (TMDCs). Semiconducting monolayer TMDCs, end result of the presence of an instantaneous hole, considerably expand the potential of low-dimensional nanomaterials for purposes in nanoelectronics and nano-optoelectronics in addition to versatile nano-electronics with unparalleled probabilities to regulate the space through exterior stimuli.
This distinct ebook presents finished review of the sphere of immunology relating to engineered nanomaterials used for biomedical purposes. It includes literature overview, case reports and protocols. The publication can function a resource of knowledge approximately nanoimmunotoxicology for either junior scientists and specialists within the box.
- Electromagnetic Composites Handbook, Second Edition (Electronics)
- Nanoporous Materials IV: Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Nanoporous Materials, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada June 7-10, 2005 (Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis)
- Design and Control of Highly Conductive Single-Molecule Junctions: A Focus on the Metal–Molecule Interface (Springer Theses)
- High-Velocity Impact Phenomena
- Semiconductor Quantum Bits
Additional info for Endohedral Fullerenes:From Fundamentals to Applications
Endohedral Fullerenes:From Fundamentals to Applications by Yang Shangfeng Et Al,Shangfeng Yang,Chun-Ru Wang