By R. Albro,B. Ivey
Read or Download Cultural Awareness in the Military: Developments and Implications for Future Humanitarian Cooperation PDF
Best war & peace books
An research of the Turkish place concerning the Armenian claims of genocide in the course of global battle I and the continued debate over this issue, the writer deals an equivalent exam of every side's ancient place. The publication asks "what is genocide? " and illustrates that even supposing this can be a invaluable thought to explain such evil occasions because the Jewish Holocaust in global conflict II and Rwanda within the Nineties, the time period has additionally been overused, misused, and hence trivialized by means of many various teams looking to demonize their antagonists and win sympathetic approbation for them.
After an extended means of peace negotiations the great Peace contract (CPA) was once signed on nine January 2005 among the govt. of Sudan (GOS) and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A). The CPA raised preliminary hopes that it might be the basis block for lasting peace in Sudan.
This foundational Peace and clash reports textual content is formatted to slot within a 14 week college/university time period. The chapters are designed to supply a succinct evaluation of analysis, conception, and perform that may be supplemented with fabric selected via the professor. The publication introduces scholars to the middle strategies of the sphere, and offers an up-to-the-minute replacement to the Peace and clash readers.
This publication offers a cogent yet finished assessment of Taiwan’s socio-economic transformation from a eastern colony to a thriving East Asian mini-state. because the 1980’s, Taiwan has essentially been considered as a thriving monetary version. even though definitely real, this evaluation belies the fantastic social and political luck tale for 23 million humans on a small New Hampshire-sized island simply off the China coast.
- Religion and Post-Conflict Statebuilding: Roman Catholic and Sunni Islamic Perspectives (Palgrave Studies in Compromise after Conflict)
- Resource Booms and Institutional Pathways: The Case of the Extractive Industry in Peru (Latin American Political Economy)
- The Black Book: Woodrow Wilson's Secret Plan for Peace
- Legitimacy and the Use of Armed Force: Stability Missions in the Post-Cold War Era (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Humanitarian NGOs, (In)Security and Identity: Epistemic Communities and Security Governance (Global Security in a Changing World)
Extra resources for Cultural Awareness in the Military: Developments and Implications for Future Humanitarian Cooperation
Cultural Awareness in the Military: Developments and Implications for Future Humanitarian Cooperation by R. Albro,B. Ivey