By Cedric Boeckx
This quantity brings jointly a variety of strands of analysis concentrating on points of the syntax of contract, and the position that contract performs in linguistic conception. The essays accumulated the following express how and why contract has emerged lately because the vital theoretical build in minimalism. even supposing the theoretical context of the quantity is minimalist in personality, Boeckx formulates formal and considerable universals within the area of agreement.
Read Online or Download Aspects of the Syntax of Agreement (Routledge Leading Linguists) PDF
Best grammar books
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1991, this ebook examines the communicative homes of ‘cleft’ and ‘pseudo-cleft’ structures in modern English. The ebook argues that those homes can't be missed in any try to offer an enough grammatical description of the structures. additionally, they supply a resource of factors for the styles of stylistic version displayed through clefts and pseudo-clefts.
Used to be tun mit dem Verb? Wortarten, namentlich das Verb, bilden seit jeher einen zentralen Bestandteil des schulischen Grammatikunterrichts. guy würde daher von der germanistischen Linguistik und Sprachdidaktik eine in sich konsistente examine des Verbs mit wissenschaftlich abgesicherten didaktischen Pfaden erwarten.
This publication examines intimately the types and features of clause blend in English. utilizing a corpus linguistics technique, it describes how the English clause method at the moment behaves, the way it has built over the heritage of the language, and the way the positive aspects and homes of English clause mix have vital theoretical and empirical importance.
- A Semantic and Pragmatic Model of Lexical and Grammatical Aspect (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- The Syntax of the Albanian Verb Complex: Volume 14 (Routledge Library Editions: Syntax)
- Studies in the Composition and Decomposition of Event Predicates (Studies in Linguistics and Philosophy)
- Common Discourse Particles in English Conversation: Volume 6 (RLE: Discourse Analysis)
- Lexical Plurals: A Morphosemantic Approach (Oxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics)
- Experimental Syntax and Island Effects
Extra resources for Aspects of the Syntax of Agreement (Routledge Leading Linguists)
Aspects of the Syntax of Agreement (Routledge Leading Linguists) by Cedric Boeckx