By M. Gunter
Read or Download Armenian History and the Question of Genocide PDF
Similar war & peace books
An research of the Turkish place in regards to the Armenian claims of genocide in the course of global struggle I and the continued debate over this issue, the writer deals an equivalent exam of every side's ancient place. The publication asks "what is genocide? " and illustrates that even though it is a precious thought to explain such evil occasions because the Jewish Holocaust in global conflict II and Rwanda within the Nineties, the time period has additionally been overused, misused, and accordingly trivialized by means of many various teams trying to demonize their antagonists and win sympathetic approbation for them.
After a protracted technique of peace negotiations the excellent Peace contract (CPA) was once signed on nine January 2005 among the govt of Sudan (GOS) and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A). The CPA raised preliminary hopes that it might be the root block for lasting peace in Sudan.
This foundational Peace and clash reports textual content is formatted to slot within a 14 week college/university time period. The chapters are designed to supply a succinct review of analysis, concept, and perform that may be supplemented with fabric selected by way of the professor. The ebook introduces scholars to the center techniques of the sphere, and gives an up-to-the-minute replacement to the Peace and clash readers.
This booklet offers a cogent yet complete assessment of Taiwan’s socio-economic transformation from a jap colony to a thriving East Asian mini-state. because the 1980’s, Taiwan has essentially been considered as a thriving monetary version. even though definitely precise, this overview belies the superb social and political good fortune tale for 23 million humans on a small New Hampshire-sized island simply off the China coast.
- Humanitarian Crises, Intervention and Security: A Framework for Evidence-Based Programming (Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding)
- Identity, Violence and Power: Mobilising Hatred, Demobilising Dissent (Identity Studies in the Social Sciences)
- Partnerships, Power and Peacebuilding: NGOs as Agents of Peace in Aceh and Timor-Leste (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: Volume 4 (Post-Conflict Peacebuilding and Natural Resource Management)
- Protecting the Sacred, Creating Peace in Asia-Pacific: 17 (Peace & Policy)
- War Memory and Commemoration (Memory Studies: Global Constellations)
Additional resources for Armenian History and the Question of Genocide
Armenian History and the Question of Genocide by M. Gunter