By Heidi Yeandle
Read or Download Angela Carter and Western Philosophy PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
The literary 'middle ground', as soon as brushed off by means of academia as insignificant, is the location of strong anxieties approximately cultural authority that proceed to today. briefly, the middlebrow concerns . those essays study the prejudices and aspirations at paintings within the 'battle of the brows', and exhibit that cultural price is usually relative and situational.
Analyzing a wealthy new new release of Latin American writers, this assortment deals new views at the present prestige of Latin American literature within the age of globalization. Authors explored are from the increase and Postboom classes, together with those that mix social preoccupations, like drug trafficking, with aesthetic ones.
The sport of chess was once wildly well known within the center a while, a lot in order that it grew to become a major notion paradigm for thinkers and writers who applied its vocabulary and imagery for commentaries on battle, politics, love, and the social order. during this selection of essays, students examine chess texts from a number of traditions – English, French, German, Latin, Persian, Spanish, Swedish, and Catalan – and argue that wisdom of chess is vital to knowing medieval tradition.
Whereas Kierkegaard might be recognized most sensible as a spiritual philosopher and thinker, there's an unmistakable literary aspect in his writings. He frequently explains advanced strategies and ideas through the use of literary figures and motifs that he may perhaps suppose his readers may have a few familiarity with. This size of his concept has served to make his writings way more renowned than these of different philosophers and theologians, yet whilst it has made their interpretation extra complicated.
- Pestilence in Medieval and Early Modern English Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Prostitution and Eighteenth-Century Culture: Sex, Commerce and Morality ("The Body, Gender and Culture")
- Writing North America in the Seventeenth Century: English Representations in Print and Manuscript
- Law, Literature, and the Transmission of Culture in England, 1837–1925
- John Donne: The Critical Heritage: Volume II: 2 (Critical Heritage Series)
- Forgetting in Early Modern English Literature and Culture: Lethe's Legacy (Routledge Studies in Renaissance Literature and Culture)
Additional resources for Angela Carter and Western Philosophy
Angela Carter and Western Philosophy by Heidi Yeandle