By Daniel C. Snell
- Covers the civilizations of the Sumerians, Hittites, Babylonians, Assyrians, Israelites and Persians
- Places specific emphasis on social and cultural history
- Covers the legacy of the traditional close to East within the medieval and glossy worlds
- Provides an invaluable bibliographical consultant to this box of study
Read or Download A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best middle eastern history books
We live amidst the fallout of the main debatable clash of our instances. This ebook is a tricky exam of the way and why it used to be fought and of its carrying on with results. This significant new work contains research of the Iraq conflict from numerous diversified educational, in addition to army views. Its emphasis is at the hyperlinks among US international coverage, US technique and the united states behavior of battle and it additionally covers Iraqi grand concepts, the results of the warfare for transatlantic relatives, and features a bankruptcy at the overseas legislation measurement.
This e-book examines the strategic implications of Iran’s nuclear programme, offering a list of the negotiations and a dialogue of attainable suggestions to this urgent foreign safety factor. The Islamic Republic of Iran’s nuclear programme has been the reason for some of the most prolonged overseas crises of the prior decade.
Paul Wittek’s the increase of the Ottoman Empire was once first released through the Royal Asiatic Society in 1938 and has been out of print for greater than 1 / 4 of a century. the current reissue of the textual content additionally brings jointly translations of a few of his different reports on Ottoman heritage; 8 heavily interconnected writings at the interval from the founding of the country to the autumn of Constantinople and the reign of Mehmed II.
This e-book examines tactics of army, political and cultural transformation from the point of view of officials in nations: Germany and Turkey within the Nineteen Thirties. The nationwide fates of either international locations interlocked in the course of the Great War years and their shut alliance dictated their joint defeat in 1918.
- Historical Dictionary of the Bedouins (Historical Dictionaries of Peoples and Cultures)
- The Conscience of Lebanon: A Political Biography of Etienne Sakr (Abu-Arz) (Israeli History, Politics and Society)
- American Arabists in the Cold War Middle East, 1946–75: From Orientalism to Professionalism (Anthem Middle East Studies)
- Deutsche Sprachkultur in Palästina/Israel: Geschichte und Bibliographie (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Daniel C. Snell