By David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald
Offering a finished and updated survey of the sphere, A better half to Modernist Poetry presents readers with specified discussions of person poets, ‘schools’ and ‘movements’ inside modernist poetry, and the cultural and old context of the modernist period.
- Provides an in-depth and obtainable precis of the newest developments within the research of modernist poetry
- Balances dialogue of person poets, ‘schools’, and ‘movements’ with in-depth literary and ancient context
- Brings contemporary scholarship to undergo just about modernist poetry whereas additionally offering information on poets who're traditionally important
- Edited by means of hugely revered and impressive critics within the box who've a extensive wisdom of present debates and of emerging and senior students within the field
Read or Download A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
The literary 'middle ground', as soon as brushed off by means of academia as insignificant, is the location of robust anxieties approximately cultural authority that proceed to this present day. in brief, the middlebrow concerns . those essays learn the prejudices and aspirations at paintings within the 'battle of the brows', and convey that cultural price is often relative and situational.
Interpreting a wealthy new new release of Latin American writers, this assortment deals new views at the present prestige of Latin American literature within the age of globalization. Authors explored are from the increase and Postboom classes, together with those that mix social preoccupations, like drug trafficking, with aesthetic ones.
The sport of chess used to be wildly renowned within the center a while, lots in order that it grew to become a huge proposal paradigm for thinkers and writers who applied its vocabulary and imagery for commentaries on conflict, politics, love, and the social order. during this number of essays, students examine chess texts from a variety of traditions – English, French, German, Latin, Persian, Spanish, Swedish, and Catalan – and argue that wisdom of chess is vital to knowing medieval tradition.
Whereas Kierkegaard is likely to be recognized top as a spiritual philosopher and thinker, there's an unmistakable literary aspect in his writings. He frequently explains advanced suggestions and concepts by utilizing literary figures and motifs that he may well suppose his readers may have a few familiarity with. This size of his concept has served to make his writings way more well known than these of alternative philosophers and theologians, yet even as it has made their interpretation extra advanced.
- Modernism: Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).)
- Ramus, Pedagogy and the Liberal Arts: Ramism in Britain and the Wider World
- James Joyce's World (Routledge Revivals)
- Literary Impressionism and Modernist Aesthetics
Additional info for A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald