By Alexandra Juhasz,Alisa Lebow
A better half to modern Documentary Film offers a suite of unique essays that discover significant matters surrounding the nation of present documentary motion pictures and their means to encourage and impact change.
- Presents a entire selection of essays in relation to all features of up to date documentary films
- Includes approximately 30 unique essays by means of best documentary movie students and makers, with each one thematic grouping of essays sub-edited by way of significant figures within the field
- Explores a number of subject matters principal to modern documentary filmmakers and the research of documentary movie – the planet, migration, paintings, intercourse, virus, faith, conflict, torture, and surveillance
- Considers a large variety of documentary movies that fall outdoors standard canons, together with overseas and avant-garde documentaries offered in various media
Read Online or Download A Companion to Contemporary Documentary Film PDF
Similar film & video art books
An authoritative spouse that provides a wide-ranging thematic survey of this enduringly well known cultural shape and contains scholarship from either confirmed and rising students in addition to research of movie noir's impression on different media together with tv and image novels. Covers a wealth of recent ways to movie noir and neo-noir that discover concerns starting from conceptualization to cross-media affects positive factors chapters exploring the broader ‘noir mediascape’ of tv, photograph novels and radio displays the historic and geographical achieve of movie noir, from the Twenties to the current and in various nationwide cinemas contains contributions from either confirmed and rising students
Small Cinemas in worldwide Markets addresses features equivalent to identification, revisiting the prior, internationalized genres, new kinds of experimental cinema, markets and construction, in addition to technological advancements of different small displays that open new views into small cinema chances. Small and large markets for small industries display an unimagined diversification of the cultural product and therefore the necessity to examine the effect at neighborhood, neighborhood, and worldwide degrees.
Bicycles have extra cultural identities than many observe, functioning not just as literal cars in a textual content but additionally as “vehicles” for that text’s subject matters, rules, and evaluations. within the past due 19th century the bicycle was once visible as a manner for the rich city elite to reconnect with nature and for girls to achieve a degree of non-public freedom, whereas in the course of international battle II it grew to become a utilitarian instrument of the French Resistance and in Seventies China stood for wealth and modernization.
Till lately, the tale of African movie used to be marked by way of a sequence of truncated histories: many remarkable motion pictures from previous a long time have been almost inaccessible and hence usually excluded from severe bills. even if, a number of conservation initiatives because the flip of the century have now began to make a lot of those movies on hand to critics and audiences in a fashion that was once incredible only a decade in the past.
- Interrogating Trauma: Collective Suffering in Global Arts and Media
- Traveling in French Cinema
- Hybrid Heritage on Screen: The ‘Raj Revival’ in the Thatcher Era
- Ecology and Contemporary Nordic Cinemas: From Nation-building to Ecocosmopolitanism (Topics and Issues in National Cinema)
Additional info for A Companion to Contemporary Documentary Film
A Companion to Contemporary Documentary Film by Alexandra Juhasz,Alisa Lebow